At this link you will find two lectures on Black Preaching and a sermon by Dr. Maurice Watson of Beulahland Bible Church in Macon Ga.
The lecture titles are as follows:
- Lecture: The Preaching of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
- Lecture: The Contribution of African-American Preaching to American Christianity
- Sermon: Great Preaching of the Gospel
The next pattern in Ron Allen’s work, Patterns of Preaching is entitled Preaching on a Biblical Theme.
When To Preach a Theme?
How should you end a sermon series? That is the question that the Biblical Preaching blog deals with in its latest post. Pastor Mead provides three possibilities:
- Summarize the “end matter” in the last sermon.
- Dedicate a full sermon to the “end matter”
- Review the whole series in the final sermon.
Now Mead is explicitly speaking of preaching through an expository series based on a book of the Bible, but it can be helpful in any sermon series.